If you haven’t already please read through the FAQ’s to ensure you are a good candidate for microblading and fully understand the process.
The following activities thin your blood and cause excessive bleeding during the procedure which affects how well you retain the pigment and will result in unsatisfactory results.
- 12 hours before your appointment do not consume alcohol or take blood-thinning medications such as Tylenol.
- 4 hours before your appointment please do not exercise, or consume caffeine.
- Do not touch your brows with your hands.
- 30 minutes after the treatment use the soap pad provided to wipe the brows clean and follow with a clean cotton pad.
- Use a cotton swab to apply a thin layer of the Skin Candy to your brows.
- Repeat this process every 2-3 hours until bed.
What to expect on day 1 &2
- Light swelling, redness, and tenderness.
- 20-40% darker and 5-10% bolder in width than they will be when healed.
The first 7 days your open cuts are healing. The following steps help keep the area clean and support pigment retention.
- Avoid face cleanser on the brow area.
- Use a cotton swab to apply a thin layer of Skin Candy to your brows in the morning and night. If you accidentally wipe away or wash off the Skin Candy during the day apply again.
- No creams, soaps or ointments on brows except Skin Candy.
- Avoid the sun on the brow area.
- No makeup on the brow area.
- No sweating. Avoid intense exercise, saunas, steaming, and facials.
- After 7-10 days if your brows look healthy and without any redness, you can resume your normal makeup and cleansing routine.
- Avoid sunbathing, tanning salons, chemical peels, light therapies, microdermabrasion, creams that contain regeneration factors, and laser treatments as they can destroy the pigment and cause burns.
- Antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to pigment fading.
- Protect the eyebrows from the sun by using sunscreen. Except for the first 7 days which no creams can be applied.
- Book your free follow-up session! Follow-up sessions need to take place 4-7 weeks after your initial treatment.