There is a lot to know and consider to decide if cosmetic tattooing is right for you. We put together the “Essential Brow Guide” to teach you all the ins and outs of permanent makeup!
You’ll learn about the services we offer, corrective work, contraindications, how to prepare, aftercare, the client experience, and much more…
Click to read your Essential Brow Guide
The following activities thin your blood and cause excessive bleeding during the procedure which affects how well you retain the pigment and will result in unsatisfactory results.
- 24 hours before your appointment do not consume alcohol or take blood-thinning medications such as Asprin or Ibuprofen. Tylenol is ok.
- Do not exercise, or consume caffeine the day of your appointment.
- You can’t shower for 2 days after the treatment so I suggest shower and wash your hair the day of.
The cleaning process: Wash your hands. Use a wet cotton round to make the brow damp. Put some soap onto your clean finger pads and gently wash the brows. Use wet cotton round to dab away the soap. Dab brows dry with kleenex. Ensure brows are dry before applying the balm to prevent trapping in moisture. Use a q-tip or your clean finger to apply a rice grain size of balm to the brows. DO NOT use too much or you will suffocate the brows and they will not heal properly.
- Do not touch your brows with your hands other than when cleaning them.
- 30 minutes after the treatment dap brow with a damp cotton pad.
- Every hour until bed dap area with a damp cotton round.
- At bedtime do the full cleaning process.
In the first week, your brows are healing. The following steps help keep the area clean and support pigment retention.
- Following the steps provided in the cleaning process every morning and night.
- No showers for 2 days.
- Avoid all face cleanser, creams, soaps, and ointments on brows except what I provided you.
- Avoid sun on the brow area.
- No makeup on the brow area.
- Try your best to keep the brows as dry as possible except when cleaning them for the first week. Just like any cut, it heals better when the skin is dry. No swimming!
- No sweating! Avoid exercise, saunas, baths, steaming, and facials.
- After 7-10 days if your brows look healthy and without any redness, you can resume your normal makeup and cleansing routine.
- Try and sleep on your back for the first night or 2.
Additional Information to help maintain your brows.
- Use sunblock when sunbathing, and cover your brows if you use a tanning salon. Avoid chemical peels, light therapies, laser treatments, microdermabrasion, and creams that contain regeneration factors on your eyebrows. Everything listed here can cause pigment to fade faster and could change the pigment color.
- Antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to pigment fading.
- Book your free follow-up session! Follow-up sessions need to take place 5-8 weeks after your initial treatment.